To: Middle School Students
Tomorrow, Wednesday, April 28, 2021, is a non-attendance school day. It is our Middle School ELA State Exam. The students taking the exam should be here by 8:30 am. They should bring their supplies (pencils, erasers). We will begin dismissing at around 11:00 am. If your child is not finished he/she will be allowed to complete the exam.
To: All Blended Students (Middle School and High School)
Tomorrow, Wednesday, April 28, 2021 is our Middle School ELA State Exam. It is a non-attendance school day. All blended students will be on a Remote day with Asynchronous instruction. Blended students will return to school on Thursday, April 29, 2021.
ELA TESTING UPDATE
STUDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN QUARANTINED DUE TO COVID19 EXPOSURE WILL NOT BE TAKING THE ELA STATE EXAM ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28, 2021
STUDENT PARTICIPATION GUIDE
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO ACCESS THE Q AND A REGARDING THE STATE TESTS IN ELA AND MATH
COVID19 TESTING CONSENT FORM
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE COVID19 TESTING CONSENT FORM
Face to Face Letters
FACE TO FACE LETTERS
Face-to-face letters are to confirm the students are in our school which is a report card or a transcript with the student's name and address.
The parents should set up an NYSCA account so they can provide their own documentation via printout or screenshot.
Follow the link below to create an account
If you are unable to create an account, our requirements for remote Face-to-Face letters are:
- They must complete a Google for which must have
- Student's name, address, and OSIS number
- Parent's name, parent's phone number, and email address
- the reason for the Face-to-Face letter
- the parent completing the Google form must match the authorization on ATS
- The parent must upload a photo ID
- After all the information has been checked, we will email a PDF letter to the parent
Again, it is much easier and quicker to obtain the information via the NYCSA account, so I would highly advise the parent to complete this information via NYCSA.
Please contact the school if you need further guidance.
Dear AP Student,
Adapting to remote study has been tough for all students, and if you are taking an AP course, tackling a college-level curriculum has not made things any easier.
To help you improve your remote study skills, AP for All is offering after-school and Saturday classes on topics like time management, digital note taking, review strategies and stress management.
Sessions are conducted live by an expert study skills coach from Elevate Education, who will help you identify strategies to improve your remote study skills. Elevate’s coaches are current college students who know what you are going through and will draw on their own experience studying remotely to help you develop your own skills.
Coaching sessions run for 60 minutes and require you to register beforehand. If you are interested, please pick the topics you would like to receive training in from the list below and pick your preferred date and time. You are welcome to choose as many topics as you feel you need:
- Are you lacking in motivation? Click here.
- Are you finding it hard to focus while at home? Click here.
- Is stress impacting on your study? Click here.
- Do you want to take digital notes like a pro? Click here.
- Could your memory and review skills use a boost? Click here.
- Do you need to get better at time management and productivity? Click here.
FULL REMOTE LEARNING OPTION
This fall, your child’s school plans to offer blended learning, a mix of in-person days at school and remote-learning days at home. The default for all students is to participate in their schools’ blended learning schedules.
- Learn more about blended learning and the 2020-2021 school year on our Return to School 2020 web pages.
- Your school will keep you informed of its specific learning model and your child’s schedule. If you have questions about your school’s model or schedule, please reach out to the school directly.
Want to Choose Fully Remote Learning? Fill Out This Form.
At any time of year, for any reason, you can choose fully remote learning for your child. This means they would learn 100% remotely (all online, from home). Remote learning includes live interaction with teachers every day, and every class includes live instruction.
- To choose fully remote learning for your child, fill out and submit this form.
- If you have difficulties completing this form online, call 311.
A MESSAGE FROM THE PTA
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
Mission and Vision
The mission of the Queens Gateway to Health Sciences Secondary School is to prepare all students to perform proficiently, exceed academic standards, and find productive pathways to knowledge as they learn to live constructively together. Gateway, through the collaboration of school, home, and community strives to develop high expectations for all students in an educational environment that is safe and nurturing. We are committed to the use of appropriate instructional expertise, guidance services, academics intervention services, and the use of technology to support teaching and learning.